Posted by Kroocrew on Thursday, March 18, 2010 Under: China
A one-meal dish using ramen and chicken soup.
These 2 chicken noodle soup recipes may share the same name but they are totally different.
Use the 2 recipes as a base and change the dish by using different types of noodles. There are so many types: fresh egg noodle, dried egg noodle, thick or thin rice noodles or flat rice noodles.
Parboil the fresh noodles for about 2 minutes. Parboiling soften the noodles, wash away excess oil, starch and dirt.
Cook dried noodles until soft or el dente. They don't take as long as pasta.
To keep the noodles springy, dunk them quickly in cold water after draining to stop the cooking.
Rice cooker chicken noodle soup 電飯煲雞面
You don't have to use the rice cooker to cook this noodle soup. Any soup pot would do.
You can brown the chicken pieces first before placing them into the rice cooker to give the dish more flavour. Alternatively, skip step 1 to 4 and buy cooked chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 440g fresh egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cut chicken into serving pieces
- Put chicken pieces, onion, garlic, bay leaves and stock in rice cooker bowl
- Close lid and press "cook"
- Bring to a boil and cook for 40 minutes
- Remove chicken from pot and pull meat off bones
- Set aside and keep warm
- Add noodles, peas, carrots, and chicken to rice cooker bowl
- Press "cook" and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes
- Remove bay leaves and discard
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve garnished with parsley and accompanied with crusty bread
Instant chicken noodle soup recipe 即時雞面食譜
Try using instant noodles to make this dish, don't use the accompanying soup sachets.
- 150g instant noodles
- 3 fresh chinese mushrooms
- 1 stalk of spring onion
- 1/2 boneless chicken thigh fillet
- 500ml chicken stock
- 10ml salad oil
- Dash of pepper
- Cook the noodles and spring onion
- Place the noodle and spring onion in the serving bowl
- Heat the salad oil in a pan, add the chicken and brown it slightly
- Add the chicken stock and chinese mushrooms
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked
- Remove the chicken and pour the soup and mushrooms carefully into the serving bowl of noodles and spring onion
- Cut the chicken into thick slices and pile neatly on top of the noodle soup
In : China
Tags: soup meat chicken